Jeden z největších v Česku
One of the largest and best preserved Jewish cemeteries in the Czech Republic, which was used until recent time. It is located on the northern side of Hrádek and there is a long and winding carriage way connecting the cemetery with the centre. In the written sources, it is mentioned for the first time, albeit indirectly, in 1636 in connection with the Manorial Order on the Burial of Parasitical Jews. According to previous findings, the oldest Jewish tombstone is dated from 1631, so the cemetery must have been built some time before. Where the cemetery of the medieval Jewish community was located, it is not known (the tradition places it near the Benedictine monastery, today´s castle, to the space below the walls). At the beginning of the 20th century (1903) a valuable, well-preserved ceremony room was built in the cemetery. Due to its cultural and historical value, the Jewish cemetery along with the Ghetto and the Basilica of St. Prokopius was declared a national cultural monument (2002) and was registered in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2003.
Jewish Cemetery Plan, Jewish Monuments Database, Mobile Map Application, Jewish Cemetery Plan - Information, Opening Hours: The Jewish Cemetery is open daily May - October 09:00 - 18:00 March, April 09:00 - 17:00 November - February 09:00 - 16:00, The Jewish cemetery is freely accessible to the public, if you are interested in a guided tour, contact the Tourist Information Centre in the Rear Synagogue. Address, contact: Hrádek 14, 674 01 Třebíč