The town of Třebíč is an important centre of the Třebíč region. It spreads out in the southwestern part of the Bohemian-Moravian Highlands on both banks of the river Jihlava. At present, the population of Třebíč is almost 37 thousand inhabitants.
The town of Hrotovice lies 20 km southeast of the town of Třebíč on the southern edge of the Bohemian-Moravian Highlands. The first written mention dates back to 1228. The dominant feature of the town is the chateau, which was rebuilt and modified in the first third of the 18th century. The oldest building in Hrotovice is originally the Romanesque church of St. Vavřinec, which was rebuilt in the middle of the 14th century and was modified in the second half of the 17th century in the Baroque style.
Jaroměřice nad Rokytnou is a small town in Southwest Moravia, located 13 km from Třebíč. At present, there are 4 260 inhabitants. The origins of the city´s emblem are connected with the shooting of a particularly massive deer at a place where the city was founded. An old successful hunter was Prince Jaromír of the Přemyslid dynasty. The town hall still preserves an extraordinary sixteen-point-antler buck.
The town of Jemnice is the administrative, economic and cultural centre of the region between Dačice and Moravské Budějovice with its 4,300 inhabitants. Jemnice is one of the oldest towns in Moravia. The first written mention of Jemnice dates back to 1226. The town was founded on a high promontory above the left bank of the Želetavka river. At the turn of the 11th and 12th centuries, the town was a major trade junction. The discovery of gold and silver deposits contributed to further development.
Moravské Budějovice, with its 7.5 thousand inhabitants, extends into the picturesque, slightly rolling landscape of Southwest Moravia, on the edge of the Bohemian-Moravian Highlands, with the river Rokytná running through the town. The town lies on the state (former imperial) road connecting Vienna and Prague.
Náměšť nad Oslavou is a town 20 km east of Třebíč on the River Oslava at an altitude of 365 m. There are about 5 thousand inhabitants. The first mention of Náměšť dates back to 1234. There is just a circular tower made of quarry stone in the western part of the chateau complex, as a reminder of these old days.