Basilica of St. Procopius
The impressive structure, which uniquely combines the Romanesque architectural desing and mostly Gothic artistic means, was then the longest church in Moravia, and even today it is classified as a gem of medieval architecture of European significance.
Alternátor – Ecotechnical Centre Třebíč
The Ecotechnical Centre is the only science centre in Vysočina. You can find it in the premises of the former BOBO factory (formerly part of The Baťa Shoe Company) in Třebíč.
Antonín Kalina Exhibition
On February 17, 2017, an exhibition dedicated to Antonín Kalina at Ladislav Novák Gallery in the Jewish quarter of Třebíč was opened to mark the 115th anniversary of his birth.
Journeys Through Time
Visiting the sights in Třebíč is not boring even for the smallest family members. The Třebíč Castle, in the part of Castle Front, houses an interactive exhibition entitled Journeys Through Time, which is intended precisely for what is forbidden elsewhere in exhibitions.
In Třebíč, in the Charles Square there is a permanent exhibition of František Mertl, the native of Třebíč, who uses the artistic name FRANTA. Franta is one of the most important Czech artists who have won an exceptional position on the international stage.
Children´s Amusement Park
The amusement and sports centre especially focused on families with children. The complex offers a wide range of attractions for adults and children with varying degrees of difficulty. Everything is designed to bring our guests the utmost comfort. In the centre there is a number of possibilities how to spend free time, especially with children, and to gain strength and energy.
Birthplace of Army General Ludvik Svoboda
Information Centre - Dukovany NPP
Since 1994, Dukovany Nuclear Power Plant has had its own modern Information Centre. In a comprehensible form, the public gets familiar with its safe operation and issues related to nuclear power. In the Information Centre, you can see nuclear power plant models and the mist chamber, where you can see ""visualised"" traces of radiation that is part of our natural environment, including cosmic radiation.
St. Vitus Church + underground spaces
On the eastern outskirts of the city there is the Gothic church of St. Vitus, which was part of the Franciscan monastery in the 15th century. The interior of the church dates back to the 18th century - the Baroque. Behind the main altar there is a wall painting representing the entering of St. Vitus into the heavens. It is the work of the well-known Moravian painter Josef Winterhalter, who painted it in 1774. From the outside the walls of the church are unplastered giving the stone masonry idyllic impression.
Goat Farm "Dvůr Ratibořice"
In Ratibořice - the local part of Jaroměřice nad Rokytnou, there is a goat farm "Dvůr Ratibořice", which apart from production and sale of goat products is also specialized in agrotourism.
Aviation museum Koněšín
Aviation museum Koněšín is focused on the history of Czechoslovak and Czech aviation.
The most significant tourist attraction is the archaeological research of the extinct medieval village of Mstěnice, located about 4 km south of Hrotovice, where tourists can find the foundations of the original fortress and farm buildings and information boards describing the life of a medieval village. The village was burned by the army of Matthias Corvinus in 1468 during the Hungarian troops invasion of Třebíč. The archaeological research has already been completed.
The museum is housed in a historic building of a Renaissance core at Svoboda Square opposite St. Stanislaus Church.
Otokar Březina Museum
The museum is the oldest literary museum in Moravia. The poet´s apartment is preserved in its original form, the study library contains the entire work of Březina. The administrator of the museum, Otokar Březina Society, also maintains an archive which is a collection of manuscripts, testimonies and personal confessions about Otokar Březina, as well as about the personalities influenced by him, as well as about his friends. School trips can choose from two video-programmes in March, and from almost thirty audio-programmes, which present some other personalities such as Jakub Deml, František Bílek, Jan Zahradníček, Bedřich Fučík, Jiří Kuběna etc.
Náměšť nad Oslavou
A small town at the foot of Vysočina, 40 kilometres west of Brno, on the scenic banks of the lower part of the river Oslava. The local name "Náměšť" is of a Czech origin. It used to give the name to a place (settlement above the river) where something was placed, accumulated, deposited - sand, loess, earth.
Ocmanice Lookout Tower
Ocmanice Lookout Tower stands on a hill (428 meters above sea level), which rises south over the village bearing the same name. The lookout tower is a very interesting 15 m tall wooden structure in the shape of an octagonal pyramid with an internal metal staircase. The tower was built above the underground water reservoir of the village of Ocmanice. At a height of 8 m, the viewing platform of the tower provides beautiful views, but only of the nearby surroundings. We can see Ocmanice, Náměšť na Oslavou and nearby ponds.
Outdoor Resort ´Březová´
Resort ´Březová´ is the largest adventure and adrenaline centre in Vysočina, 10 km from Třebíč, in a picturesque place near the forest, the pond and the meadow. It stretches over 13 hectares and thanks to this huge space it offers maximum enjoyment in a modern and stylish setting tailored to the target groups, which will be used by thousands of visitors every year from the four-year-old to the elderly.
The paintball field is located in a former ammunition warehouse covering an area of 45,000 square metres. It is made up of artificial and naturally built barriers. Rental of complete equipment is provided.
Kralická Bible Memorial
The Kralická Bible Memorial is located in a building in the neighborhood of a former fortress where, in the years 1578 - 1620, a secret Brethren´s printer was housed. It printed not only books of a religious character (i.e. the Bible or Brethren Hymnal), but also various secular works and textbooks. Its most important product, however, is the six-part so-called Kralická Bible, belonging not only to the peaks of printing art in our countries, but also by the quality of its expression especially to the treasures of the Czech language, which contributed to its preservation and development in later times of the counter-reformation and exile.
The brewery in Dalešice was founded probably at the end of the 16th century, its oldest building dates from the 17th century. In 1882 the manor and the brewery in Dalešice were bought by Anton Dreher, who took care of its modernization. After 1925 (when the brewery was expropriated) it served as Cooperative Brewery and Soda-Shop, under socialism it belonged to the Brewery and Malt house Prague, in 1977 its operation was terminated. The brewery was falling into disrepair after the revolution until 1999 when it was bought by the current owners who saved the brewery and restored the production of beer. There is a hotel, restaurant and exhibition on site.
Jan Kubiš Birthplace
The birthplace of Jan Kubiš was acquired by the village of Dolni Vilémovice in its property in 2009 in a seriuos disrepair. The intention to renovate the house and create a museum lacked funds. The village announced a public collection, which was very successful - in two years, the amount of two million crowns was collected. The donors were citizens not only of the Czech Republic but also of Slovakia and France. The most important donors were the ČEZ Foundation, the Vysočina Region, the TTS Třebíč, the Hotel of Berchtold Castle and Mr. Alois Denemarek. Firefighters, hunting associations, military historical groups and schools also joined the collection.
Babylon Lookout Tower
One of the oldest lookout towers in Moravia is situated at the top of Zelený vrch (491 m above sea level) above the village of Kramolín. The stone Empire tower was built in 1831 by Count Jindřich Vilém Haugwitz, the owner of the Náměšť countdom, for the needs of land surveyors.
Mařenka Lookout Tower
On the highest point of the Třebíč region, Mařenka hill (711 m above sea level), there is a new lookout tower. By combining the stone cladding with a metal construction of the staircase with wooden elements, a unique 31-meter-high structure was built on the top of which is a sheltered sightseeing pier.
Lookout Tower on Pekelný Hill
South of Třebíč, another interesting tourist destination was created in 2014. The lookout tower, which rises at the top of ´Pekelný´ (Devil´s) hill (572 m above sea level), is 26.5 m high and is the work of architect architect Pavel Jura. The lookout tower is made of larch wood with metallic elements and its appearance reflects the signs of Třebíč UNESCO monuments - the Basilica of St. Prokopius and the Jewish Quarter. Not only tourists can look forward to another attractive trip destination, which offers a beautiful view of Třebíč and surrounding countryside.
Jaroměřice nad Rokytnou Chateau
Baroque chateau in Jaroměřice nad Rokytnou belongs to the most monumental architectures of the first half of the 18th century both in our country and in Europe. It is one of the most visited sights in the Vysočina Region.
Náměšť nad Oslavou Chateau
The chateau was created by the reconstruction of an earlier Gothic castle. The castle itself consists of four gradually grouped wings around the central courtyard with the famous Neptune Fountain in the middle.
Kostelíček Water Tower
Above the town, nearby Kostelíček (little church) on Strážná hora (guarding hill), the Kostelicek Třebíč Water Tower was built in 1940. This building served to supply the city with drinking water until the 1970s. At present, the visit will allow not only an attractive view of the town and all its sights, but also a brief insight into the history and present of the Třebíč waterworks in the form of an audiovisual projection.
The chateau was created by the reconstruction of the castle, founded probably in the first half of the 13th century. In the 16th century, the castle was rebuilt into a Renaissance chateau. In 1842 the mannor was bought by Margrave Alfons Pallavicini, and the magnificent restoration of the whole area in Pseudo-Rococo style started. During the war in 1943 the chateau housed Viennese art collections. It was also used as a hostel for students of the Vienna Conservatory. In 1945 the chateau was confiscated and its buildings were used by the army to accommodate soldiers. In 1992, the Jemnice military unit ceased to exist and the chateau remained empty. Since 1994 the whole area has been owned by Jemnice. The chateau is surrounded by a large park (21ha).
Late Baroque chateau in the village of Dukovany underwent extensive reconstruction in 2015-2017. In the guided tour you can visit the accommodation spaces of Countess Maria Brigitte de Canal and learn about the history of this magical place. Part of the route is the Pantehon Hall with original frescoes from 1790. The English park is freely accessible.
Renaissance chateau, originally a Gothic fort from the 13th century. The most precious is the sala terrena on the ground floor, designed by Antonín Josef Prenner. Today the chateau houses the exposition of the natural collections of the Moravian Museum in Brno.
Třebíč Jewish Quarter: a place with a unique atmosphere
Since the cemetery is located at the same place as at the beginning of the Jewish community in the 14th century, it undoubtedly belongs to the oldest Jewish burial grounds in Moravia. You can find it about 200 meters southwest of the Jewish Quarter, under Obruka Park. The cemetery has an irregular, almost triangular shape. On the slope there are about 25 irregular rows of burial places situated in a rather unusual way - perpendicularly to the contours. The oldest surviving tombstones date from the end of the 17th century, the last funeral took place at the beginning of WWII.
Jewish Cemetery in Moravské Budějovice
We do not know exactly when the Jews settled in Moravské Budějovice, but we know that they lived here in the second half of the 14th Century. For a long time, the deceased Jews had been buried in the nearby cemeteries in Třebíč, Jemnice and the Police. Later, their own cemetery was founded, which however ceased to exist in the 18th century. In 1908, the town provided the land and a new cemetery was established. The first funeral took place on May 11, 1909, the last burial in 1942. The site for the Jewish cemetery was determined by the town council about 2 km southwest of the town centre in the fields along the road to Vranín on the plot in the ´Na Vejhonu´ field track also called In the Great Oak Shrubs, where formerly there used to be a grove named Dubina at manorial Velký (Large) Pond - now house no. 795 Husova Street. The donated land of 1507 m2 had not been booked until 1914.
Jeden z největších v Česku
One of the largest and best preserved Jewish cemeteries in the Czech Republic, which was used until recent time. It is located on the northern side of Hrádek and there is a long and winding carriage way connecting the cemetery with the centre. In the written sources, it is mentioned for the first time, albeit indirectly, in 1636 in connection with the Manorial Order on the Burial of Parasitical Jews. According to previous findings, the oldest Jewish tombstone is dated from 1631, so the cemetery must have been built some time before. Where the cemetery of the medieval Jewish community was located, it is not known (the tradition places it near the Benedictine monastery, today´s castle, to the space below the walls). At the beginning of the 20th century (1903) a valuable, well-preserved ceremony room was built in the cemetery. Due to its cultural and historical value, the Jewish cemetery along with the Ghetto and the Basilica of St. Prokopius was declared a national cultural monument (2002) and was registered in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2003.